05. Dec 2013
20. Nov 2013
09. Oct 2013
12. Sep 2013
29. May 2013
10. Apr 2013
03. Apr 2013
06. Sep 2012
04. Apr 2012
08. Mar 2012
09. Feb 2012
24. Jan 2012
11. Jan 2012
The full change log for the release can be seen at https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH/fixforversion/15150.
In 2 weeks we'll decide whether a CR3 is needed or release Final at that time.
Thanks for all the feedback!
The Hibernate team is proud to announce the 4.3.0.CR1 release of Hibernate ORM. This is the first release candidate for 4.3 and JPA 2.1 support. For those who maybe are not familiar with our release methodology, this means that in 2-3 weeks this release will essentially be re-tagged as Final unless some critical bugs are reported with it in the meantime.
I will do a full break down of all the new goodies added over the course of 4.3 development in the Final release announcement. Specific development of note done for CR1 include:
- Support for JPA 2.1 EntityGraphs. This was the biggie holding us back from going to CR. HHH-8285 and friends
- Integration of the Hibernate JPA Static Metamodel Generator into the ORM project - HHH-8483
- Starting on break down of the monolithic DocBook-based manuals into smaller Asciidoc-based topical guides (ongoing) - HHH-8606
- A number of performance fixes including HHH-8709, 8704, 8698, HHH-8682, etal.
The full version info (including change log) can be seen on the version page
Artifacts and release bundles can be found in the normal places.
Version 4.3.0.Beta5 release of the Hibernate ORM project has just been released. This is a step closer towards JPA 2.1 compliance, but also lots of other goodies. JPA 2.1 work of note includes:
- HHH-8478 - which should complete AttributeConverter support.
- HHH-8445 - which adds support for REF_CURSOR parameters and should complete StoredProcedureQuery support.
- HHH-8276 - which was the major prerequisite step for entity graph support. You'll be using that anytime you load entities directly or by to-one association.
- HHH-8523 - which improves support for parameters and returns using an explicit TemporalType and defined as Calendar
Non JPA 2.1 work of note includes:
- HHH-8476 - which now manages associated many-to-many table rows with bulk deletes (HQL/JPQL)
- HHH-7689 - which implements better clean up of JDBC batches during failed transactions. The previous behavior led to problems in the way Spring attempts to reuse Sessions after exceptions (which is technically not supported, but this was a good change to make anyway)
- HHH-8354 - which adds on top of the new
bytecode enhancementwork to weave in
in line dirty checking. In other word, we now have the ability to have entities and embeddables track their own state changes (via enhancement) and for Hibernate to leverage that knowledge during flush. This is still very young, but promises to significantly reduce flush times in many use-cases. We'll have more announcements about all the
bytecode enhancementenhancements later.
- HHH-8520 - ability to use the hibernate.globally_quoted_identifiers with HBM mappings
The full changelog can be found in Jira at https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH/fixforversion/14250. Artifacts can be found in the usual places.
Beta6 is scheduled in Jira already following the normal 4 week time box, however be aware that that release is likely to not happen on that particular day; its more likely to be the week before or the week after as I am traveling that particular week. I'll keep Jira up to date as we go along.
Thanks for the support and contributions!
Back to work after summer fun :)
This release has a lot of work, quite a bit in the form of pull requests. Thanks again!
A lot of the focus here has been on JPA 2.1 support. At this point:
- AttributeConverter support should be complete; just about- there is still one minor issue which will be addressed in the next release
- StoredProcedureQuery support should be complete; just about - there is still an issue here too which will be addressed in the next release
- @ConstructorResult support is mostly done, though you currently can only use one ConstructorResult result per query which will be followed up by https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-8498
- JPA schema generation support should be fully done at this point.
- EntityGraph support is still not in place, though support for loading entities using LoadPlans (which is the internal fulfillment of entity graphs) is done and support for collections is under way.
- Applications using JPA native (native SQL) query support should be aware of a potentially significant change to better align with the JPA spec. Essentially Hibernate will now flush the EntityManager before running the native query (as long as we are within a transaction). Note that this is a full flush, unlike HQL/JPQL or Criteria queries which perform a partial flush. In Hibernate native SQL query support, partial flush is achievable which is available to JPA native queries by unwrapping. For details see https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-8487.
Non-JPA-related changes to highlight include:
- Addressing a potential memory leak - https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-8363
- Hibernate OSGi support has been greatly improved within the confines of Hibernate's current bootstrap architecture (see https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-8501 for details on plans for improving OSGi support as we re-design that bootstrap architecture for 5.0). For details on the 4.3 improvements, see https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH--7527 or the newly-completed OSGi documentation chapter in the Developer Guide.
- Support for SQL hints in HQL/Criteria queries - https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-2736
- Added PostgreSQL9Dialect (for PostgreSQL 9+) - https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-8331
- Added SQLServer2012Dialect (for SQL Server 2012) - https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-8440
The full changelog can be found in Jira at https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH/fixforversion/13652. Artifacts can be found in the usual places.
Also, along with this release came a new release (4.0.4.Final) of the hibernate-commons-annotations support library. For the 2 of you out there who care ;)
Anyway, we will now be back at a 4-week timebox. So the next release (Beta5, or CR if we get to that point by then) will be in 4 weeks from now.
The Hibernate team is pleased to announce today's release of Hibernate 4.3.0.Beta3. Support for entity graphs is still a work in progress, but all other JPA 2.1 features should be fully operational. Specific JPA 2.1 features fully functional as of this release include:
- StoredProcedureQuery and @NamedStoredProcedureQuery support, including XML overrides. See HHH-8222 and HHH-8246
- Completed support for JPA 2.1 schema generation. See HHH-8231, HHH-8270 and HHH-8271
For the full break down of changes, see the changelog.
|Showing 1 to 5 of 71 blog entries||