The Hibernate team is proud to announce the first candidate release for 5.0. The main changes since the Beta2 release include:
- Initial generic typing for Hibernate native (Session, e.g.) APIs
- Continued development of the new bytecode enhancement capabilities including improved support in the Maven and Gradle plugins
- Support for parameterized types with AttributeConverter implementations
- Improved OSGi integration testing using Pax Exam and Karaf, and publishing a hibernate-osgi Karaf features file
- Auto quoting of keywords used as identifiers (
- Incorporating fixes, improvements and suggestions to the improved schema update and validation tooling
A lot of help from the community went into this release and the previous Beta releases. Thanks for all the help and work and testing and doggedness!
As always, see http://hibernate.org/orm/downloads/ for information on obtaining the releases.
Report any issues to Hibernate Jira