The IronJacamar team is very happy to announce our first stable release of the project !
IronJacamar is an implementation of the Java EE Connector Architecture 1.6 specification featured in the Java EE 6 Full Profile.
Java EE Connector Architecture (JCA) defines a standard architecture for connecting the Java EE platform to heterogeneous Enterprise Information Systems (EIS), like Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), database and messaging systems.
The IronJacamar container comes in different flavors
- Inside JBoss Application Server 7
- Standalone environment (JCA 1.6 Chapter 3.5)
- Embedded environment (based on standalone)
and provides the possibility to use resource adapters in your applications. The IronJacamar project also provides the back-bone for datasource integration in the above environments to take advantage of IronJacamar's features.
The Java Connector Architecture 1.6 specification adds the following major areas:
- Ease of Development: The use of annotations reduces or completely eliminates the need to deal with a deployment descriptor in many cases. The use of annotations also reduces the need to keep the deployment descriptor synchronized with changes to source code.
- Generic work context contract: A generic contract that enables a resource adapter to control the execution context of a Work instance that it has submitted to the application server for execution.
- Security work context: A standard contract that enables a resource adapter to establish security information while submitting a Work instance for execution to a WorkManager and while delivering messages to message endpoints residing in the application server.
- Standalone Container Environment: A defined set of services that makes up a standalone execution environment for resource adapters.
which will allow developers to take advantage of more modern development methods and control their work instance environment to a higher degree.
The IronJacamar project have replaced the JCA container found in JBoss Application Server 6 by focusing on a pure Plain Old Java Object (POJO) approach to keep services as light-weight as possible, and enabling simple wiring mechanisms.
- Java EE Connector Architecture 1.6 certified
- POJO container environment
- New configuration schemas which focuses on usability
- Fast XML and annotation parsing for quick deployment
- Reauthentication support
- Prefill support for security backed domains
- Support for pool flushing strategies
- Crazy fast embedded environment for ease of development
- New management layer for components
- New statistics integration including 3rd party extensions
- Numerous performance improvements
Furthermore IronJacamar have various tools that will help you in your development tasks, like
- Code generator: Powerful tool to generate a complete development environment for resource adapters based on the latest features of the specification
- Validator: Validates your resource adapter implementation against the specification and provides feedback about violations
- ShrinkWrap / Arquillian integration: Resource adapter testing taken to the next level with in-memory assembly of resource adapters and using IronJacamar/Embedded and Arquillian to execute unit tests in milliseconds - yes, milliseconds !
A lot of new features, so download the distribution today, and try them out and send us your feedback :)
You can upgrade the IronJacamar container in JBoss Application Server 7 by
cd doc/as ./as-upgrader.sh 1.0.0.Final /path/to/your/as7/installation
That will give you the latest features and bug fixes.
And JBoss AS 7.0.0.Final will be out really soon now :)
Planning and development on IronJacamar 1.1 have started, but first more importantly:Champagne !!
Please, raise your glass, and celebrate with us that the first part of the journey is complete.
Last, but not least - A HUGE shout-out to our community and developers who helped with this release. You know who you are !
For Those About to Rock, We Salute You !