The Hibernate team is happy to announce the availability of both the 3.5.4 and 3.6.0.Beta1 releases.
This is a maintenance release fixing quite a number of mostly minor bugs. Some fixes of particular interest are:
- HHH-4240, HHH-4250 : improved support for
- HHH-5329 : fixes a regression that stopped 3.5.3 from being usable in JDK 1.4 environments
For more details about 3.5.4, including the full list of changes, see the release page.
3.6 introduces some new features as well as incorporating most of the fixes from 3.5. Changes of particular interest include
- Dropping support for JDK 1.4
- merging some modules into core; specifically hibernate-jmx and hibernate-annotations
- repackaging of classes in hibernate-testing
- HHH-2277 : fixes a long known limitation in key-many-to-one support.
- HHH-5138, HHH-5182, HHH-5262 : collectively address a number of improvements to the
Hibernate type system. See the newly separated and expanded chapter on Types in the reference manual for details.
- HHH-5268 : java.util.UUID support
For more details about 3.6.0.Beta1, including the full list of changes, see the release page.