We just released new JBossAS6 milestone - M2.
With this one we start off a new Microcontainer 2.2.x version series:
- VFS 2.2.0.Alpha2 -- minor bug fixes and a few hack removals
- Reflect 2.2.0.Alpha2 -- first one to include new Classpool project 
- MDR 2.2.0.Alpha1 -- down the optimization road, metadata annotations lookup
- Kernel 2.2.0.Alpha6 -- includes JMX , new Weld-int, asynchronous mode , ...
- CL 2.2.0.Alpha2 -- system resources are still visible at shutdown, lifecycle callbacks, shutdown mode, ...
- Deployers 2.2.0.Alpha1 -- deployers sorting fix, modification check based on known files, includes JMX, ...
- McAnn 1.0.0.Alpha1 -- extracted scanning; to-be even more generalized (McScan project)
Explaining the [x] in a bit more details:
- Classpool is a project that will let us properly use Javassist based Reflect in JBossAS/MC
- JMX impl used to be part of AS; extracted and split into 3 sub-projects: JMX-Kernel, JMX-Deployers, JBossMX
- you can declare <bean name=
Asynchronous> and its install will happen in a new thread
A lot of work in Kernel was done to support our new OSGi+MC facade and its transparent service/component mix.
Another big chunk of work in Kernel was also spent on optimizations, where Kabir did most of the heavy lifting, hence I'll let him talk about it. :-)
We're off to changing VFS with new v3 implementation!