Have you ever found yourself frustrated with a ClassNotFoundException? Would you like to know what libraries are in your project and what they depend on? Would you like to get a full report on this stuff every time you run your ant build? If so you need to take a look at the new JBoss Tattletale project!
JBoss Tattletale is a tool that can help you get an overview of the project you are working on or a product that you depend on.
The tool will provide you with reports that can help you
- Identify dependencies between JAR files
- Find missing classes from the classpath
- Spot if a class is located in multiple JAR files
- Spot if the same JAR file is located in multiple locations
- Identify JAR file versions
- With a list of what each JAR file requires and provides
- Verify the SerialVersionUID of a class
JBoss Tattletale will recursive scan a directory for JAR files and generate linked and formatted HTML reports.
JBoss Tattletale is licensed under GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) version 2.1 or later.
We hope that JBoss Tattletale will help you in your development tasks !