While working on Hibernate Search 3.3, we have discovered a critical issue with Hibernate 3.2. If you use Hibernate Core 3.5 in a JTA environment (recommended), the way Hibernate Search 3.2 registers itself can lead to inconsistent indexing and generate assertion failures.
All this is fixed in Hibernate 3.2.1 which you can get here and ported to trunk as well. We have also added tests to cover the JTA area.
One of the points for using Hibernate Search is that your valued business data is stored in the database: a reliable transactional and relational store.
So while Hibernate Search keeps the index in sync with the database during regular use, in several occasions you'll need to be able to rebuild the indexes from scratch:
It has been quite some time since the latest Hibernate Search release, but we are happy to announce the first beta release of version 3.2.0 with tons of bug fixes and exciting new features. In fact there are so many new features that we are planning to write a whole series of blog entries covering the following topics:
With work on version 3.2 of Hibernate Search well underway and a range of very interesting features in the pipeline (eg programmatic configuration API, bulk indexing and dynamic boosting), we decided to provide some of the bug fixes also for the 3.1 version of Hibernate Search. Hence here is Hibernate Search 3.1.1 GA. On top of several bug fixes which are listed in the release notes we also upgraded Lucene from 2.4 to 2.4.1.