I have just finished releasing Hibernate O/RM 5.0.0.Beta2. Beyond Beta1, this release adds:
- Support for Spatial/GIS data through importing Hibernate Spatial.
- Complete redesign of
bulk id tablesused to support update/delete queries against multi-table structures. The redesign helps better fit what different databases support.
- Redesign of transaction management
- Much improved (and still improving!) schema management tooling for export, validation and migration.
At this point, 5.0.0 is getting a lot of testing. So even though it is still in Beta I am feeling pretty confident of its quality. I opted for another Beta here instead of CR1 for a few reasons:
- Investigate whether we want to convert Hibernate's native APIs (Session, etc) to be typed. There is one especially tricky case that needs to be figured out. A major release like this would be the time to do that
- I have just introduced some pretty significant Transaction changes since Beta1. I felt it would be prudent to have one more Beta to allow people time to try out those changes and allow for additional changes based on feedback
- I would still like to complete deprecating the Settings contract. The last piece there is the discussion I started earlier on the dev list wrt its usage in SPI contracts (L2 cache, etc). This effects a few integrations.
- I am working on better Karaf support for hibernate-osgi. Specifically creating a Karaf features respository that users can simply pick up and use. That work is well under way, but ongoing.
As always, see https://hibernate.org/orm/downloads/ for information on obtaining Hibernate O/RM.