Hibernate ORM 4.2.0.CR1 was just released. The full changelog can be viewed here: https://hibernate.onjira.com/issues/?jql=project=10031+AND+fixVersion=12651
This release included a few notable bug fixes and improvements:
nulls lastsyntax in HQL ordering
- HHH-1917: automatically delete orphaned JoinTable rows on a bulk delete affecting a Many-To-Many association
- HHH-2448: deterministic column aliases, regardless of mapping ordering -- mainly affects clustering environments
- HHH-7797: the logic handling unique columns and constraints was entirely re-written and improved
In addition, a handful of performance improvements went in. So far, we have seen dramatic improvements in JBoss benchmarking.
- HHH-7746: additional batch loading algorithms (use "hibernate.batch_fetch_style" in your settings -- see the new Enum for choices)
- HHH-7872: improves L2 caching of reference data (enable with "hibernate.cache.use_reference_entries")
- HHH-7902: Originally, JDBC types (Connection, Statement, ResultSet, etc.) were wrapped with Java Proxies to introduce resource management, logging, etc. The proxying was shown to be a performance hotspot, so they were entirely removed. The functionality was replaced with a new set of internal contracts/helpers.
As usual, thank you to the community for all the support and hard work!
Maven Central: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/hibernate/hibernate-core (should update in a couple of days)