The JBoss Tattletale team released the first official release of the application today.
JBoss Tattletale is a tool that can help you get an overview of the project you are working on or a product that you depend on. JBoss Tattletale is licensed under GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) version 2.1 or later.
The tool will provide you with reports that can help you
- Identify dependencies between JAR files
- Find missing classes from the classpath
- Spot if a class is located in multiple JAR files
- Spot if the same JAR file is located in multiple locations
- With a list of what each JAR file requires and provides
- Verify the SerialVersionUID of a class
- Find similar JAR files that have different version numbers
- Find JAR files without a version number
- Locate a class in a JAR file
- Get the OSGi status of your project
- Identify black listed API usage
JBoss Tattletale will recursive scan the directory pass as the argument for JAR files and then build the reports as HTML files.
The list of current reports:
- Depends On
- Graphical Dependencies
- Transitive Dependants
- Transitive Depends On
- Class Location
- Eliminate Jar files with different versions
- Invalid version
- Multiple Jar files
- Multiple Locations
- No version
- Black listed API
- JAR archive
The packages includes the binaries plus both the user and developer guides as PDF files.
Please, keep feedback coming in our forum as we will continue to improve JBoss Tattletale in the next development cycle.
For Those About to Rock, We Salute You !