Hibernate Search 3.1.0.CR1 is out. Download it here.
One of the main work was to align more closely with the new Lucene features:
- read-only IndexReader for better concurrency at search time
- use of DocIdSet rather than BitSet in filter implementations for greater flexibility
- explicit use of Lucene's commit()
We have also added a few performance tricks:
- avoid reading unnecessary fields from Lucene when possible
- use Hibernate queries when projecting the object instance (as opposed to rely on batch size)
@DocumentId is now optional and defaults to the property marked as @Id. Scores are no longer normalized (ie no longer <= 1)
The full changelog is available here. Expect a GA in the next two weeks. Help us iron this release and provide issue reports in JIRA.
Many thanks to Hardy for literally hammering out fixes after fixes and making the release happen on time.