Hibernate Core 3.6.8.Final is a maintenance release with some bugfixes and improvements:
- HHH-6591 caused problems with JPA TypedQueries returning more than one scalar;
- HHH-4982 caused a constraint violation when an optional one-to-one association was null and the association was annotated as a PrimaryKeyJoinColunn.
Some long-standing bugs were fixed:
- HHH-2304 resulted in only the first character of char(x) columns to be returned by SQL (native) queries.
- HHH-4596 and HHH-3434 caused HQL inserts to fail for entities with assigned IDs or composite IDs
Envers-specific bugfixes and improvements can be found here.
For more details about Hibernate 3.6.8-Final, see the release notes.
The artifacts have all been published to the JBoss Nexus repository under the org.hibernate groupId at http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss/.
Hibernate Core 4.0.0.CR4 has just been released. The complete list of changes can be found in the JIRA release notes.
The main change that required another CR was HHH-6683 as it changed a little bit the APIs for building service registry instances. Again, something we wanted to make sure got into 4.0.
Hibernate Core 4.0.0.CR3 has just been released. The complete list of changes can be found in the JIRA release notes.
This release contains some changes to integration SPIs (for Hibernate OGM, Hibernate Spatial, etc) that we wanted to make sure made their way into 4.0. See HHH-6091 and HHH-6640 in particular. There are bug fixes as well.
Hibernate Core 4.0.0.CR2 has just been released. The complete list of its changes can be found in the JIRA release notes.
- HHH-6586 As Steve said in this post, we will continue new metamodel development after 4.0.0 release, we think the deprecation of Configuration may confuse the community, so in this issue, we removed the deprecation tag from this class, and we will continue to support this API until we get new metamodel ready, at which point this class will become deprecated and scheduled for removal in 5.0.
- HHH-6622 Upgrade to Hibernate Commons Annotations 4.0.0.CR2, now, we have fully moved to jboss logging, no slf4j-api dependency required anymore.
- HHH-6618 We have wrote a new gradle plugin which can be used to run hibernate functional tests on different DBs besides H2, this is useful for community contributors, see hibernate-core/buildSrc/readme.txt for more details.
Progress on the new metamodel ended up being much slower then anticipated, so we decided to move ahead with the 4.0 release and will continue development of it after 4.0. At that point the rest of the work for 4.0 had already been completed which brings us to the first CR release. The complete list of its changes can be found in the JIRA release notes.
Hibernate Core 3.6.7.Final is a maintenance release with just a couple of fixes.
- HHH-1780 caused negation (NOT) in HQL WHERE clauses to be inverted incorrectly when a single NOT was applied to AND-ed or OR-ed constraints, as in
WHERE NOT ( constraint1 OR constraint2 ); NOT was only being applied to the first constraint.
- HHH-6370 fixed some issues and made some improvements to HSQLDialect.
For more details about Hibernate 3.6.7-Final, see the release notes.
The artifacts have all been published to the JBoss Nexus repository under the org.hibernate groupId at http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss/ (not browsable). To browse this repository, go here.
DOWNLOAD the release bundles from SourceForge.
Hibernate Core 4.0.0.Beta4 has just been released. The complete list of changes can be found in JIRA release notes
Most of the work is still occurring in relation to the new metamodel. A primary milestone in this release is the consolidation of how bindings get built between annotation processing and hbm.xml processing (see HHH-6447 for details). And Gail has started getting the metadata integrated into the Hibernate
engine! So all in all things are really moving along.
The release is available from SourceForge in bundle form as well as from the JBoss Nexus repository (now synchronized to Maven Central!) under the org.hibernate groupId.
Hibernate 3.6.6.Final is mainly a maintenance release with a couple of improvements.
There were a couple of dependencies that were upgraded:
There were several improvements to dialects:
- HHH-2614 caused LOB columns specified without a length to be exported with length 255 when using a Derby database. With this fix, the length is no longer exported for LOB columns, enabling Derby to set the default length to 2M-1 bytes. If a length is specified it will be ignored, so if you want a LOB column with a non-default length, then you will have to write the DDL yourself.
- HHH-6386 and HHH-6420 provided improvements to Sybase and SQL Server support, respectively
For more details about Hibernate 3.6.6-Final, see the release notes.
The release bundles have been uploaded to SourceForge.
Hibernate Core 4.0.0.Beta2 has just been released. Most of the work in this release deals with continuing to tidy up the new metamodel. The complete list of its changes can be found in the JIRA release notes
Hibernate Core 4.0.0.Beta1 has just been released. The complete list of changes can be found in JIRA release notes
As this is a Beta, we expect the API to be pretty much complete. At this point most of the work is going into the newly redesigned metamodel which is the representation into which Hibernate parses user provided metadata (XML and annotations) before building a SessionFactory. As we finish up that work in the coming weeks there may be adjustments to those contracts. However, most users will not leverage those contracts anyway.
As the redesigned metamodel is still being finished up and is currently likely to only work on simple domain models we have decided to delay removal of the org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration class and that method of building a SessionFactory until this work is done. So both approaches are available in parallel for the time being.