I’m glad to announce the first release of the Eclipse plugin for Hibernate Search. In this post I want to describe its features and ask you for any comments, positive or (even more important for me) negative.
It’s my pleasure to announce the first release of Hibernate Validator 5.3!
The overarching idea for the 5.3 timeline is to prototype several features which may potentially be standardized in the Bean Validation 2.0 specification. For instance we’ll work on a solution for the long-standing request for sorting the constraints on single properties.
If you’d like to see any specific features addressed in that prototyping work (and eventually included in BV 2.0), then please get in touch and let us know which are the most important things you are missing from the spec. We’ve compiled a first list of issues we are considering for inclusion in BV 2.0. For sure we cannot address all of them, so it’ll greatly help if you tell us what would be most helpful to you.
In the good spirit of open source, any Hibernate ORM issue should be accompanied by a replicating test case. The test case is a proof that the issue really exists and is reproducible.
To simplify the test case writing procedure, Hibernate provides a series of templates that you can just grab from GitHub. Thanks to these tests, the issue reporter can focus on the actual persistence-related problem since the templates take care of all the bootstrapping logic.
Previously, the test case templates were available only for the Hibernate native API, which was fine as long as you’re familiar with it. Because many projects use Hibernate as a JPA provider, it’s very convenient to offer a JPA bootstrap environment as well. And that’s what we did.
The 7th bug-fix release for Hibernate ORM 5.0 has just been tagged and published.
For information on consuming the release via your favorite dependency-management-capable build tool, see http://hibernate.org/orm/downloads/
Happy New Year, everyone!
Starting this year, we are going to host a series of articles focused on the Hibernate community. We are going to share blog posts, forum and StackOverflow questions, that are especially relevant to our users.
5.5.2.Final is now available, our latest stable version sporting integration with Hibernate ORM 5 and Apache Lucene 5.3 - the state of the art.
Creating this version to be compatible with these two great OSS projects kept us busy for a good deal of this past year; I remember discussing this option with superstar OSS contributors Uwe Schindler (Apache Lucene developer) and Gustavo Nalle (Infinispan developer) at FOSDEM in January 2015! I am grateful to both for their guidance and suggestions, as driving progress forward is sometimes challenging when we strive to keep backwards compatibility as best as we can.
On top of that, our same small but amazing team as been working hard on Hibernate OGM 5, a bit of Hibernate Validator, incredible performance improvements on Hibernate ORM "classic" and is still tinkering on the internals of Hibernate Search to make an Elasticsearch backend an alternative to plain Lucene.
It’s 3 days from Christmas and as a present we decided to release the first Beta of Hibernate OGM 5!
This release also continue the process of aligning Hibernate OGM to the Hibernate 5 family. After the passage to Hibernate ORM 5 in the previous release, we updated Hibernate Search to the 5.5 version that also includes the power of Apache Lucene 5.
In the previous release post we described the improvements about storing map-typed properties on MongoDB and Redis. We have now applied the same natural mapping on CouchDB.
Check out the Hibernate OGM migration notes to learn more about migrating from earlier versions of Hibernate OGM to 5.x.
For my first post, I’d like to share the experience of running the in.relation.to blog on my Windows machine.
All the blog content is available on GitHub, and you can practically run the whole site on your local environment.
The Hibernate blog is built with awestruct from Asciidoctor files, and getting all the Ruby gems in place is definite not a walk in the park. To make matters worse, I’m running a Windows machine and all these Ruby gems are tightly coupled to Linux libraries, as I discovered after several failed attempts with the 64 bits Ruby 2.2.4 or the 32 bits Ruby 1.9.3.