With Elasticsearch support coming as a technological preview in Hibernate Search 5.6, you would think we’re leaving out other features. Well, think again! Enters the Sort DSL, which will work with Elasticsearch of course, but also with the good ol' Lucene backend.
The point here is to provide an API to build sort descriptions easily, without knowing everything about Hibernate Search features added on top of Lucene, such as
DistanceSortField. And while we’re at it, we’re making it a modern, fluid API.
Today we have three releases of Hibernate Search!
I’m proud to announce our team is a bit larger nowadays, and more contributors are volunteering too, so we managed to increase the development pace. Today we release version
[ ... ]
This summer was relatively quiet in terms of releases, but many have been testing and improving the Beta1 release of our Hibernate Search / Elasticsearch integration.
So today we release version
5.6.0.Beta2 with 45 fixes and enhancements!
For a detailed list of all improvements, see this JIRA query.
[ ... ]
Hi, I’m Mincong, an engineering student from France. I’m glad to present my Google Summer of Code 2016 project, which provides an alternative to the current mass indexer implementation of Hibernate Search, using the Java Batch architecture (JSR 352). I’ve been working on this project for 4 months. Before getting started, I want to thank Google for sponsoring the project, the Hibernate team for accepting my proposal and my mentors Gunnar and Emmanuel for their help during this period. Now, let’s begin!
We are making good progress on our next major release which focuses on Elasticsearch integration but we don’t forget our beloved users of Hibernate Search 5.5.x and here is a new stable release to prove it!
This bugfix release is entirely based on user feedback so keep it coming!
Hibernate Search version
5.5.4.Final is available now and fixes the following issues:
[ ... ]
After over 60 resolved tasks, we’re proud to release Hibernate Search version 5.6.0.Beta1.
The Elasticsearch integration made significant progress, and we believe it to be ready for wider usage.
While the team has been busy implementing great new features such as the Elasticsearch integration for the next 5.6 release, some of you provided interesting feedback on our stable release.
The summary of the feedback I heard is that migrating to the new sorting requirements can be confusing, and there were some issues with our Faceting implementation.
Hibernate Search version
5.5.3.Final is available now, fixing the reported issues and improving the error messages around sorting.
The changelog is rather small, so this time I’ll post it verbatim:
HSEARCH-1917 - Cannot index null or empty values for faceted fields
HSEARCH-2082 - Documentation refers to @SortField when it should be @SortableField
HSEARCH-2085 - Typo in hibernate-search-engine logger
HSEARCH-2086 - Long and Date range faceting doesn’t honor hasZeroCountsIncluded
HSEARCH-2179 - Hanging during shutdown of SyncWorkProcessor
HSEARCH-2193 - LuceneBackendQueueTask does not release the Directory lock on update failures
HSEARCH-2200 - Typo in log message
HSEARCH-2240 - Parallel service lookup might fail to find the service
HSEARCH-2199 - Allows the use of CharFilter in the programmatic API of SearchMapping
HSEARCH-2084 - Upgrade to WildFly 10.0.0.Final
HSEARCH-2089 - Ensure the performance tests do not use the WildFly embedded version of Search
HSEARCH-1951 - Improve resulting error message when applying the wrong Sort Type
HSEARCH-2090 - Using the wrong header in the distribution/pom.xml
HSEARCH-2241 - Clarify deprecation of setFilter() method on FullTextQuery
Having fixed several issues and tasks since the previous milestone, it’s time to publish our third milestone towards Elasticsearch integration: Hibernate Search version 5.6.0.Alpha3 is now available!
In this post, I’d like you to meet Martin, who, in spite of his young age, has been very active in the Hibernate Search project development, implementing some interesting extensions or helping with pull request reviewing.
Because I’d love to see more university students getting involved with open source software, I took this opportunity and interviewed Martin about this experience.
"When running a full-text query with a projection of fields, is it possible to return the result as a list of POJOs rather than as a list of arrays of
The answer is: Yes, it is possible, result transformers are the right tool for this.