IntelliJ now has support for the new JPA 2.0 typesafe query facility I've beenbloggingabout. It's very important that this stuff works smoothly with tooling, so it's great to see that the tooling vendors are on this early.
In the last few weeks I had to migrate a MySQL database and it turned out to be more difficult than I thought. In the past I've used the tools that ship with MySQL, such as mysqldump and its various options. For the recent migrations that was surprisingly... impossible.
The first part of my new article, published today on JSFCentral, explains how you can increase the rendering performance of a data-driven, JSF-based Seam application by two orders of magnitude! The article originated out of a contract job I did over the summer (before joining Red Hat). I worked for a group of scientists to develop a data-driven application using Seam, JSF, and RichFaces. That means it comes straight to you from the real-world ;)