Just after the release of Hibernate ORM 4.2.8.Final last week, we realized one of the many performance improvements had broken integration with latest stable release of Hibernate Search 4.4.0.Final.
Rather than rolling back some of these nice improvements in Hibernate ORM we decided it was more appropriate to get a fixed version of Hibernate Search out, so here you have Hibernate Search 4.4.1.Final.
Since this is our stable branch, it contains exclusively the compatibility fix. All other patches developed in the meantime will stay in the 4.5 and master branches only.
Thanks once again to Guillaume Smet for reporting and fixing the issue!
As usual, you can download the distribution from Sourceforge, or if you use Maven you will find it mirrored in Maven Central very soon.