Hibernate Core 4.0.0.CR7 has just been released. The complete list of changes can be found in the JIRA release notes.
In this release, we have some performance improvement issue resolved, for example:
- HHH-5945 - Race condition in building query cache
- HHH-6845 - Avoid repeated invocations of ReflectHelper.overridesEquals in proxy initializers
- HHH-6858 - Minor performance improvements after hotspots analysis
- HHH-6862 - Reuse cached entryArray of IdentityMap in StatefulPersistenceContext as much as possible
- HHH-6868 - Lazily initialize HashMap in LockOptions
- HHH-6286 - UpdateTimestampsCache should try to avoid acquiring lock if possible
And in this release, we also fixed lots of bugs found with running hibernate tests on supported DB matrix (the matrix is not complicated, we only runs on a small subset of hibernate supported DBs), we're working hard to resolve all failures we found, and keep the CI job clean (the CI job can be accessed here ).
P.S. I really hope this is our last CR release. :D