While working on Hibernate Search 3.3, we have discovered a critical issue with Hibernate 3.2. If you use Hibernate Core 3.5 in a JTA environment (recommended), the way Hibernate Search 3.2 registers itself can lead to inconsistent indexing and generate assertion failures. All this is fixed in Hibernate 3.2.1 which you can get here and ported to trunk as well. We have also added tests to cover the JTA area.
We highly recommend people using Hibernate Search 3.2.0 to migrate to 3.2.1.
For more information on this bug and others fixed in 3.2.1, check out the changelog.
Many thanks to Tom Waterhouse for helping us all along the discovery, fix and testing process.