It has been 6 months since the last JBoss Profiler 2.0 release, so I have tagged and uploaded JBoss Profiler 2.0 Beta4 to the web site.
Changes over the 2.0 Beta3 release include
- Converted all reports to HTML
- Converted documentation to Docbook and include it as PDF in distribution
- Initial build environment (cmake) for the native backend (SVN only)
If you havn't looked at the JBoss Profiler 2 branch yet; here is a quick overview of its features
- 100% Pure Java
- Integration with JBoss Application Server 5.x and 4.2
- Access through multiple protocols using JBoss Remoting (Socket, RMI, HTTP)
- Reports (Overview, Packages, Classes, Methods, Hotspots, Caller, Wait time, PerThread, PerClass)
- Able to specify method visibility (Global, Package, Class)
- Component identification (POJO, Throwable, Java Enterprise 5 (EJB, Servlet, ...), 3rd party plugins (Hibernate, Seam)
- Compare snapshots
- Client (Command line, Ant integration)
A lot of features, so take a look and send us feedback through the forum.
The next development cycle will focus on the JSF/RichFaces web front-end and the native JVMTI/HPROF backend. Also the documentation could use a bit more work ;)
So if you are interested in helping out in ones of these areas
- Web front-end using JSF / RichFaces
- Native backend (did someone say C ?)
- Documentation / Screenshots
- Your own ideas
drop by the forum and let us know.
For Those About to Rock, We Salute You !