JBoss Tools 3 Beta1 was built and made available on Halloween night.
This release will only work with Eclipse 3.4/Ganymede.
We recommend you do not use Eclipse.org update site to go from Eclipse 3.3 to Eclipse 3.4 - instead download
Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers from Eclipse. To get the optional TPTP and BIRT integration to show up see the list of Eclipse drivers we use for JBoss Tools 3.x builds here
If you can only use Eclipse 3.3 use JBoss Tools 2.1.2, but JBoss Tools 2.x will not have any of the new features.
Out of the 300+ bugfixes and enhancements a couple major additions and new features I would like to mention:
- We got initial Seam 2.1.SP support by the hands of Slava and Alexey.
- Dima made Seam Generate Entities have an UI for selecting exactly the tables you want to generate
- The pages.xml editor got a face lift by Daniel and Lex
- OpenOn and Code completions got various improvements and proper ordering by Victor
- Improved Hibernate Tools JPA project support by Dima
- Vitali created a brand new source/refactor action which turns your JavaBeans into JPA annotated entities automatically
- A new tighter and leaner UI for interacting with Servers introduced by Rob Stryker
- Support for editing external CSS styles directly from Visual Page Editor were added by Dzmitry
- The Visual Page Editor was made even faster by Maxim
- Project example Wizard for quick and easy download of JBoss Tools/JBDS ready examples was suggested and implemented by Snjezana
- Drools plugin is now back into JBoss Tools builds thanks to Kris and Denis
- We added support for deployment of .esb archives used by JBoss ESB and SOA-P by Denny
- A conversation wizard from STP BPMN files to jPDL by Grid
- A first release of the Smooks editor for building data transformations by Dart
- Updated screencasts by Svetlana and her documentation team