Hibernate Search 3.1 beta2 is out with a significant focus on performance improvements, scalability and API clean up.
Here is the main area of work:
- Upgrade to Lucene 2.4 which opened up a lot of optimization possibilities on the Hibernate Search side.
- Inserts and deletes are now done in a single index opening rather than two.
- The window of locking has been reduced a lot during writes, especially on transactions involving several entities.
- Filter caching configuration has been simplified.
- Expose scoped analyzer for a given class: queries can now use the same analyzer used at indexing time transparently.
- Properly genericize the API (no more raw type used)
- Fix a few bugs around the Solr analyzer integration and moved to Solr 1.3.
- Fix various bugs including the long standing HSEARCH-142.
We have incorporated a lot of enhancement based on our work on the book Hibernate Search in Action and some genius performance ideas from Sanne. This version is still a beta because we still have a few optimization and enhancements in our pocket but CR1 should come out mid november-ish.
Let us know what you think.