I'm proud to report that we released JBoss Developer Studio 1.0 (formerly known as Red Hat Developer Studio) earlier today.
The feature highlights of the Developer Studio are:
- Out-of-the-box configuration of Eclipse Web Tools, JBoss EAP incl. Seam
- JBoss Tools 2.0.GA included
- Visual Page editor for rich editing of (X)HTML/JSP/JSF/Facelets pages
- JSF support
- First-class support for JBoss Seam 1.2 and 2.0
- Hibernate 3 Support
- JBoss AS server integration
- Exploded deployment for fast turnaround times during development
- Start/Stop/Run/Debug of JBoss AS 3.2 to 4.2
- Project Archives
- Easy and fast incremental packaging of your project layout and deployment (not bound to WTP nor JBoss)
- JBPM support
- Spring IDE included
- TestNG plugin included
- Available for Linux and Windows
JBoss Developer Studio (JBDS) is JBoss and Red Hat's Java developer offering where you for 99$ gets access to an easy-to-install Eclipse based IDE fully configured and ready to run with the bundled JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 4.2.
The advantage is that you get access to the fully supported JBoss binaries and that you after the download get a no-fuzz installation and everything is ready to run out-of-the-box.
Furthermore you get entitlements to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and other Red Hat software. Please note that Developer Studio is cross-platform and is available for Windows and Linux today and we plan to have a Mac OS X available in the new year.
Read the details about the offering here.
p.s. I'll be back later this week with details about JBoss Tools 2 GA (currently under the mercy of the JavaPolis network gods :)